Corporate and Litigation Support Investigations
We initially assess the nature of your needs and then prepare an outline of the scope of work and procedures to be performed. After an initial review of relevant data referred by you or your legal counsel, we formulate a plan of investigation tailored to your needs and responsive to our proposed scope of work.
Our investigative procedures and approach include working closely with appropriate stakeholders, in-house counsel and external counsel throughout the investigative engagement, including litigation preparation work, expert testimony at depositions and trial.
Unless advised otherwise, it is our practice to provide relevant updates as “Privileged & Confidential Work Product Prepared for Counsel”, and to prepare an executive summary, conclusions, procedures performed and details of investigative findings.
We have conducted global investigations for corporations, including Global Fortune 500 companies, and religious organizations in the following areas:
- Complainants and Whistleblowers allegations investigations
- Expert testimony on money laundering and corruption issues (vendor kickbacks)
- Procurement fraud (i.e. misappropriation of companies’ payments- kickbacks from vendors and conflict of interest)
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) fraudulent disbursements investigations and risk-based compliance assessments of FCPA financial statement reporting requirements
- Anti-money laundering (AML) compliance assessments
- Immigration U.S. Visa revocation due diligence investigations
- Catholic church clergy abuse and misconduct investigations
- Court ordered compliance monitoring
- Civil litigation support
Sampling of our Investigative Services Experience
- Provided expert testimony and opinion on money laundering, vendor kickbacks and misappropriation of assets to client’s external counsel in support of litigation.
- We led a forensic accounting investigation for a global pharmaceutical company, to assist client and external counsel, focusing on possible FCPA violations. The engagement involved analyzing cash-equivalent bonuses paid to pharmacies and large retail clients for promotional purposes. Our efforts to uncover possible FCPA violations involved interviews and analysis of financial data from the company´s accounting system, in which we tested a multitude of transactions using a risk-based judgmental analysis.
- We led investigations and forensic audits in the manufacturing, retail, energy and mining industries, entailing corporate fraud, FCPA and anti-bribery regulations compliance, procurement fraud, vendor kickbacks, conflicts of interest and background investigations. Our analytical procedures included financial records analysis and selective testing using ajudgmental approach.
- We have conducted twelve separate clergy investigations, alleging an array of misconducts and abuse, for the Catholic Carmelites religious order and the Catholic Church Diocese of Orange and their outside counsel.
- Led risk-based review engagement for a global bank, as controller/verifier of Compliance and AML audits performed by the bank’s internal audit staff throughout Latin America. As controller, we reviewed internal audit workpapers to validate and certify the thoroughness of the internal audit reporting and its corresponding supporting documentation, in support of the bank’s attestation of its audit report to U.S. and host country regulators.
- We led litigation support investigations, involving major property theft and arson that resulted in death of an infant.
- Performed money laundering driven due diligence investigations, including interviews of foreign banking officials and prosecutors, in South America and the U.S., in support of rebutting implications levied against Clients, prominent foreign entrepreneurs, by U.S. Department of State, of their alleged involvement in providing material support to international terrorism.
Ready to find out more? Get started today!
For questions or a consultation, please call 949-340-2575 or use the button on the right.